Carrier II is a high-purity NDT-approved suspension vehicle developed specifically for wet method magnetic particle testing.
This petroleum distillate carrier oil provides excellent particle mobility, good suspension stability and enhanced corrosion protection for reliable, spec-compliant mag particle inspections.
Carrier II is made with highly refined petroleum oil with virtually no odor for improved operator comfort, while the high flash point and low toxicity reduce EHS concerns.
Faster, more reliable inspections
- Magnetic particle baths last longer due to slow evaporation, and is less susceptible to contamination from bacteria or fungus
- Protects magnetic particles like 14A from wear and tear and keeps them evenly dispersed throughout the bath
Improves operator comfort
More inspection flexibility
- Can be used for virtually all magnetic particle inspections with conformance to all major international magnetic particle testing specifications
- Prevents corrosion of most alloys and eliminates post-inspection processing for corrosion protection
Safer to use
Increases equipment life-span
- Provides excellent particle mobility
- Good dispersion stability
- Protects parts and equipment against corrosion
- Provides superior wetting and surface coverage
- Low maintenance oil-based suspension
- Very low toxicity
- High flash point
- Not considered a flammable liquid according to 29 CFR 1910.106
- Low volatility
- Wide temperature stability