A high-sensitivity Level 3 penetrant, ZL-67 fluorescent water removeable penetrant is designed to find smaller, finer indications in safety-critical components common to aerospace and engineering applications. ZL-67 penetrant is often used to find flaws in investment castings, jet engine components, and highly machined surfaces.
ZL-67 is specially formulated for strong capillary action which allows it to penetrate defects quickly and bleed out into developer faster and more completely than other penetrants for stronger, higher contrast indications that are easier for inspectors to identify, even when the defects are very fine.
ZL-67 is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved for use by Pratt & Whitney.
Recommended developers are ZP-4B dry powder, SKD-S2 or ZP-9F solvent-based, and ZP-5B suspendible developers.
Improve indication detection
- Clear, bright, indications appear every time due to high UV and thermal stability
- Higher contrast indications form due to strong capillary action, making them easier to spot
Wide range of inspections
- Inspect a wide range of high-value components without fear of corrosion or specification non-conformance
More reliable, consistent inspections
- Level 3 high sensitivity
- Water washable
- Bright, high-contrast indications
- High flash point
- Wide range of application methods
- Controlled washability
- Low odor
- Very low toxicity
- Alloy compatibility
- High water tolerance
- High thermal resistance
- High UV stability
- Optimized capillary action
- Low volatility
- QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List
- Approved for use by Pratt & Whitney