Post-emulsifiable ZL-27A is a Level 3, high-sensitivity Type 1 penetrant designed for inspections which require maximum process control and reliability, such as safety-critical aerospace testing.
Since ZL-27A is not water soluble, there is minimal risk of this penetrant being removed from a fine or shallow defect through over-washing to provide the highest reliability of any penetrant inspection method.
ZL-27A has a high flash point and provides long tank life when used in open dip tanks, but this penetrant can also be applied in a variety of other ways, including electrostatic spray.
To remove surface ZL-27A penetrant before developer application, use ZE-4E Method B lipophilic emulsifier or ZR-10E Method D hydrophilic emulsifier can be used.
ZL-27A is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved for use by Pratt & Whitney.
Improve indication detection
Maximize penetrant inspection process control
- Prevents over-washing since ZL-27A cannot be removed with water (unless combined with an emulsifier)
- PE penetrant system is less susceptible to human error since only surface penetrant is removed in the final rinse stage
Wide range of inspections
- Level 3 high sensitivity
- Post emulsifiable
- Bright indications
- Resists over-washing or over-removal
- High flash point
- Wide range of application methods
- Low odor
- Very low toxicity
- Alloy compatibility
- High thermal resistance
- High UV stability
- QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List
- Approved for use by Pratt & Whitney